- Rugby, Warwickshire
- £36000.00 - 36000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Link2Recruit are one of the UK's fastest growing independent recruitment companies, helping to find work for hundreds of people in the Industrial, Driving, Construction and Waste sectors across the country.
Our client, a market leader in the construction/sustainable building materials industry currently require a skilled and experienced Negotiator, to join their successful business on an on-going basis with permanent opportunities available for the right candidates.
- Plan and direct the execution and follow up of procurement processes and negotiations for CAPEX Projects, to fulfill with Global Technology VP requirements and to negotiate global agreements with key cement technology suppliers for main equipment and spare parts, maximizing profitability.
- Organize, plan, and coordinate the execution of the Procurement function for CAPEX project to ensure the standard and guidelines application and take advantage of economies of scale.
- Coordinate and participate on strategic supplier relationships in order to be in continuous improvement of our products and services, and to reduce costs.
- Participate and control the procurement process to ensure its performance, scope, time frame and budget committed.
- Define strategies for evaluating global equipment suppliers, engineering, and construction companies in order to negotiate best terms and conditions with pre-approved suppliers to ensure the most competitive options in the market.
- Decision making
- Define with Global Technology, the suitable equipment, engineering, and construction companies to execute the projects to.
- Manage the strategy to execute the project (EP: Engineering & Procurement, EPC: Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
- Manage Procurement strategy to execute the project (EP: Engineering & Procurement, EPC: Engineering, Procurement and Construction)
- Identify and develop local suppliers with high quality performance to participate in the project.
- Coordinate with multicultural equipment, engineering, and construction companies.
- Deal with and solve unexpected contingencies that threat the project time execution, the approved budget, or the quality of the fabrications. Example: Suppliers that delay the delivery of equipment, quality issues, transport contingencies, contractors that fail to have enough people or construction equipment, weather conditions
- Analyze and discuss technological alternatives, provide solutions and suppliers to involve in the projects.
- Analyze and discuss technological and economical alternatives and solutions for the supply of spare parts in their plants.
- Coordinate with Legal Dept. to get the legal contracts for the purchase of engineering, equipment and/or construction.
- Review and evaluate proposals from engineering companies and equipment suppliers.
- Negotiate for new technology and assets / equipment and its commissioning.
- Negotiate construction, installation, and commissioning of new assets.
- Negotiation of Spare Parts.
- Ensure that the equipment and/or parts will arrive on schedule, and good condition, to the final destination.
- Negotiation and sourcing experience - 3 Years
- Construction Works Contract negotiations - 3 Years
- Coordinate and work with global teams.
- Technical Skills
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction of industrial facilities.
- Knowledge of Sourcing Methodology and negotiations
- Knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction Contracts
Managerial Skills desired:
- Leadership, communication, and collaboration skills to establish networking between project group, countries operations, suppliers and engineering and construction companies.
- Ethical and high compliance to institutional policies
- High knowledge of legal contracts and its common clauses
- Team player: works well with others and promotes collaboration across regions and functions.
- Analytical thinking to consider the costs and benefits of potential actions.
- This role has many benefits, including working for a National Company, with career progression opportunities available, for those looking to progress further within this field.
- There are canteen facilities and onsite parking available.
- Salary will be discussed during the recruitment process, please call us to discuss further.
Please apply for this role online, we will need to view CV's before starting our recruitment process, if you have any questions about this role before applying, then please call us on 0121 377 7006 (Option 2) Please be aware that if you do call to discuss, you will still need to apply online following on from the conversation.