- Maidstone, Kent
- £29000.00 - 29000.00
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
LGV Driver / Chargehand
Link2Recruit are one of the UK's fastest growing independent recruitment companies, helping to find work for hundreds of people in the Industrial, Driving and Waste sectors on a daily basis. Our temporary workers can enjoy benefits including training and apprenticeships, as well as real opportunities for career progression and permanent employment.
Our client, a market leader in the Waste Management industry currently require LGV Driver/Chargehand to join their successful business on a full time permanent basis, please note that you will not work through the agency for this role, you will be a full time, permanent member of staff.
Working under the direction of the Business Manager / Supervisor for the planning, control and supervision of staff and resources including all vehicles, plant, equipment and sub-contractors.
Candidates should possess the following:
- Plan and organise daily compliance tasks, arranging toolbox talks, crew checks, 25% vehicle checks, driver assessments etc.
- Ensuring that all staff completes accurately all relevant documentation, driver defect reports, work schedules and timesheets.
- Shunt refuse vehicles to different sites around the area.
- Maintain high standards of contractor/client liaison.
- Induct all new employees as per company procedures and correct standards.
- Ensure that all staff are aware of their responsibilities under the H&S at work act, and all other work-related legislations.
- Complete the defined responsibilities as per the company's health and safety system for the position.
- To assist the company in achieving its published business objectives.
- Keep accurate stock records of materials and supplies to ensure smooth running of operation.
- Deputise for contract supervisor as required.
- Any other task required to ensure smooth running of the contract.
For this role it is essential that you have the following:
- Hold a valid UK Driving License.
- LGV License and Driver CPC.
- Transport / haulage background.
- Have a basic knowledge of health and safety policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written including IT.
For this role it is desirable that you have the following:
- CPC National.
- Previous operational experience.
- Able to operate mechanical equipment, after instruction.
- Use of any in-cab PDA devices.
You will work under the director of the Business Manager/Supervisor for the planning and supervision of staff. You will work out of the Maidstone depot, however, will be expected to shunt trucks over to Sittingbourne on a daily basis, you will assist the supervisor with day to day tasks, of operating in a busy transport depot. Please note that there is a lot of room for progression whilst working for this company, they are actively recruiting for the right candidate to put them onto a development path.
This is an excellent permanent position to get your foot into the door of a national Waste Management company that cares about their employees and are happy to offer progression.
The role is based in Maidstone, and would be commutable from Sittingbourne, Ashford, Kent etc, our client is situated close to public transportation links, parking facilities are available for staff, a canteen facility is available for all staff use.
Hours of Work are 09:00am - 18:30pm Monday - Friday.
Rates of Pay (PAYE) £29,000 Per Annuum.
Please apply online with an up to date CV, for more information please call 0121 377 7006, option 1 for Waste Management.
Link2Recruit Limited are operating as a recruitment business.
Key Words LGV 1,LGV1, HGV 1, HGV1, C+E, LGV 2, LGV2, HGV2, HGV 2, C, 7.5T, 7.5 Tonne, Double Deck, Multidrop, Multi drop, Multi-drop, Days